Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Just a little update

Tobin had his 3rd set of tubes placed in his ears on Monday morning. He also had his adnoids taken out and a sedated hearing test done. The doc said that his adnoids were huge, so he defiantely needed them out. From what we could tell from the hearing test, he is hearing ok-but the doc was unable to get a good enough test result to know for sure becuase there was too much fluid in tobins ears (from the ear infection he has had for the past month) for the test to work correctly. So we will have to do a few more tests at his followup appointment in a month. As for now, he is doing great. He recoverd very quick from the surgery. Once we got home from the hospital, he was eating handfuls of raisins and fruit snacks, downing cup after cup of juice, and soon after was jumping up and down on the furniture. He didnt seem to be in much pain and it was nice to see our little guy so happy. We're hoping this 3rd set of tubes (he has had 3 sets of tubes in 7 1/2 months) works. We're thinking that with those nasty adnoids gone, that his ear infections will come a lot less often--maybe not at all! I'm sure we will let you know of the day when tobin says his first real english word instead of the adorable toby blabber that he always spats out!
My c-section is scheduled for Monday morning at 7:30 am! I'm super eager to get Ireland out. The doctor guesses that she wont be as big as my boys were--she will probably be just the right size--7 1/2 -8 lbs. She has dropped a lot these past few weeks and i no longer fit in my pants. Even my stretchy pants arent really stretching enough. i'm just going to have to wear dresses for the next few days. We cant wait to see her! Of course, we will post picutres and information as soon as we can after she arrives.

4 comments:

Shannon said...

Monday?! That is so exciting! can't wait to see pictures of your pretty girl! Good Luck!

Arnell Family said...

We are so excited for you guys! I can't believe that Ireland is on her way! Have fun experiencing a GIRL! Good luck! :) (As I am writing this Addy is screaming at the top of her lungs for no apparent reason - GIRLS!) Ee-gads!

Michelle said...

Don't you love that even though you are preggos and totally feel like doing NOTHING you still have to be the responsible "parent" to the other children? I'm glad you all are doing well, I can't wait to see your beautiful red-haired firecracker who will be (I'm sure) just like her mother! I miss you but am SOOOO grateful for blogs (best idea EV-ER).
Loves, Chelle

The Anderson's said...

Had to check in and see how you guys are doing. I cant wait to see pictures of Ireland! Oh I hope she has red curly hair too. I hope all goes well. Good Luck!
Anjeanette