Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Soon there will be three.....

My leg hair is growing faster than ever, the smell and texture of onions nauseates me, and all i want to do it take naps. Yup, its true, I'm knocked up (who ever came up with that term anyway). We are expecting our third and last baby in October!! This was a surprise pregnancy (one of those, "lets wait 2 more years to get pregnant" surprises), and although i am still trying to get used to the fact that i'm preggo and going to have a third one on my hands, i'm thrilled to know that we are finally finished having children and i can burn my maternity clothes. If anyone cares to joing me in the maternity clothes burning ceremony, then plan on it (in about a year). The big question is whether or not this current miniscule alien looking human in my body is a girl or boy. ??? Everyone has been asking me if i want a boy or a girl. Well, if we had a boy, i wouldnt have to buy a single thing. We have so many boy clothes (seperated in bins according to size--hehe, obsessive me) that it would almost be a shame to not put one more male infant in them. I love having 2 boys and would be super thrilled to have another one. I think i work well with the little men. But.....we have no girls in the family. My brothers wife has 2 boys and my cousin has 2 boys, so it would be nice to throw a girl in there. Plus, if it were a little redheaded girl....awwwww, she would be sooooo adorable and spoiled. I would be thrilled to have a girl as well. I have no idea what it is, and am tempetd to jump on over to fetal photo to find out today; but for now the $100 is better spent on finishing the basement so we have more room for our growing family. Some people think that moms have this instinct to know what the gender of their baby is; alas i have not been blessed with this gift. We'll all have to wait 8-10 more weeks to find out.
Whichever gender we are blessed with, i am happy to welcome them into the world in 7 months (and happy to have my last icky c-section).

9 comments:

Liz said...

Congratulations! That's so exciting! I know what you mean about boys. We would love to have all boys. Maybe just one girl. :) I'd burn my maternity clothes with you, but I'm not quite done yet. :)

Oh man, redheaded little Ember look-alike...ADORABLE! :)

Brianne said...

Woo Hoo! Sounds like fun! I hope all goes well with the pregnancy...and you don't get too sick...that's the worst. We're excited for you. I think a little red headed girl would be super cute, but you have cute boys too. Take care and Congrats!

Suzette said...

Congratulations you guys! Surprises are a good thing we have discovered, although Cale likes to refer to our "surprise" as our LOVE CHILD, it's a better way of putting it I suppose. I'm rooting for a red-headed girl. It would be fun to have one of each! I feel very lucky to now have a red-headed girl! Whatever "it" is, it's all very exciting...

Wright's said...

Congrats! I wish I could have said I was done at three. Lucky girl. But I could still join you in burning some maternity clothes. I have lots that I hate and don't ever want to see again. You two have a great recipe I'm sure this one will be just as cute, boy or girl.

Arnell Family said...

Yeah! We are so excited for you guys! I must admit that I am so jealous that you are almost at the finish line! What I would give to know that I was on my final preganacy! Geezzzzz! You look fabulous and I am hoping that it is a boy - just because girls are such high mantainance! (Nobody really tells you about that!) Boy! Boy! Boy!

grace said...

Ember, Congratulations! I think 3 is a good number, but secretly wish our next one are twins so I don't have to decide on 4 or more. Good luck!

Michelle said...

Ember, I'm so excited for you! (I thought I was the only person who said "knocked up" any more).
Now I do have one of each and even though I just barely jumped into the "having a little boy" stage of life, I must say I LOVE IT!!! Although girls are cute-they turn 5and 1/2 and then cute? HMMMM not so much! But I bet you'd have a perfect little princess! Natalie would call her Ariel because she would have red hair! I guess we'll all have to wait and see!

The Cummings Family said...

Congrats from all the Cummings! Hope all goes well. We'll be watching your blog for more updates!

The Shill Spill said...

Congrats Ember! Super cute family you have now! I can't imagine anything different...especially if you have a girl! I hope you don't feel to yucky! (And if you do, I hope it passes soon.)