Sunday, December 13, 2009

Jonahs drawing

Let me start by saying that Jonah has never shown interest in drawing anything more than just a circle or square - and even those werent very good drawings. But he has really come a long way since school has started. For the past week he has shown us he can do so much more. All of the sudden one day he was just casually drawing pictures of faces, then bodies, and his drawings are slowly getting more and more detailed. Its awesome! I was volunteering in his class the other day and almost cried when i saw him draw this picture; all by himself with no one telling him what to do next. He drew the head and body, then said, "i want red blanket" and took the marker and made a blanket over the body. He then started to draw a bed and pillow. He was so proud of himself when he was done and he said, "jonah going night night!" and started flapping his hands with joy. All of the kids in his class were patting him on the back and telling him he did a great job and he loved the praise. I insisted on taking the picture home so i could hang it up. Its definately a keeper! (one funny thing about Jonah drawing his picture is when he was drawing the left side of the body, he used his left hand, when drawing the right side of the body, he used his right hand! So logical....)

3 comments:

provobaileys said...

Way to go Jonah. I think that is a great drawing. Jonah in bed, with his red blanket. I knew what it was before I read the story. Now that is saying a lot.

Catherine said...

Yay Jonah!!!

krstnlws said...

I love it!!! That story made my day!!